Oh my wow guys, this dish is AMAZING! Super simple, and a great Easter combo.
First things first, my photo below is just of the sticky carrots, purely because when I dished this up I was so hungry I sort of just chucked it all on the plate and wanted to eat it rather than pretty it up for the picture! So there we go…
Another thing to note is the ‘glaze’ for the carrots works really well on tons of other root veggies, try on parsnips or beetroot also,
- Fresh Thyme, chopped
- Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 2x Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2x Lamb steaks
- 1x red onion
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 2x tablespoons honey
- 2x tablespoons olive oil
- 2x table spoons balsamic vinegar
- Get the lamb out the fridge and pre heat the oven to 200 degrees
- Chop up the rosemary, thyme and garlic an mix with salt & pepper in a bowl, put lamb steaks in and coat with the rub
- Chop up the carrots to roughly thumb size chunks
- Chop cherry tomatoes in half
- Cut the onion into 8 chunks
- In a bowl mix together the olive oil, honey and balsamic,
- Put the carrots in a oven proof dish and toss in the mixture, throw in the onion & tomatoes and season,
- Put in the oven for 40 minutes, tossing halfway through
- While this is cooking leave the lamb to soak up the rub flavours, then 10 minutes before the end, fry off the lamb steaks, if you want them ‘blushing’ then 3 minutes each side, followed by 5 minutes resting time should be perfect
We had ours with new potatoes, but you could serve this with a nice creamy mash, roasties or if your trying to cut back on the carbs bulk it up with extra veg?
Enjoy all and Happy Easter!